St John’s CE (Aided) Primary School will add information about current job vacancies to this section of our website. If you require further information please contact the school office.
Temporary Enhanced Teaching Assistant
Contract Type: Term-time only (Temporary)
Working Pattern: Full time – term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date: 19/11/2021
Advert End Date: 29/11/2021 16:00
Salary: £20,092 – £22,183 pro rata
Hours per week: 37
Job Category: Schools – Support
Vacancy ID: 216696
Closing date: 29 November
Temporary Enhanced Teaching Assistant
Grade 5 £20,092 – £22,183 pro rata
Required from 4th January 2022 to 31st August 2022
We are looking for a successful and motivated Teaching Assistant to join our KS2 team at St. John’s. Applicants should have previous experience of working in a KS2 setting.
You will need to be wholly committed to becoming an integral member of our staff team and will:
• Be willing to support the ethos and practices of our Church of England school
• Have high expectations and a strong commitment to setting solid foundations and raising standards for children
• Will make learning exciting, memorable and enjoyable
• Have experience and a keen interest in supporting young children, some with SEND and other complex needs
• Fulfil the Durham County Council Grade 5 Job Description
In return we can offer:
• An outstanding and supportive staff team.
• An outstanding working environment.
• Excellent pupils and supportive parents
• Continual Professional Development opportunities.
St. John’s C of E (Voluntary Aided) Primary School is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service).
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement – 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Monday 29th November 2021 at 4pm
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 6th December 2021
Tel: 01388 773476
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
St. Johns CE Grade 5 Job Description
Grade 5 Person Specification
Support Staff Application Form SEPT 2019 (1)
Support Staff Application Form Guidance Notes (1)
Privacy Notice (1)
Candidate Information Pack (2)