All three and four year olds in England are currently entitled to free, 15 hours per week (funded) part-time learning. Sessions available are:
am – 8.45am to 11.45am
pm – 12:15pm to 3:15pm
Children can be added to our waiting list after they turn one year old. To do this, parents/carers can telephone the school office for an Application Form or alternatively you can download one from the following link. Nursery Application Form
Good News, we are now offering 30 hour provision in our Nursery
From September 2017, the Government have offered 30 hours of funded childcare per week for parents of 3 and 4 year olds, to help them continue or take up employment.
Guidance for the Department for Education states that parents will need to meet the following criteria to be eligible:
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if:
- You or your partner each earn (on average) at least £152 per week.
- You or your partner are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you’re unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities.
You are not eligible if:
- Either you, or your partner, each earn £100,000 or more.
- Your child does not usually live with you.
- You’re from a non European Economic Area (EEA) and your UK residence card says you cannot access public funds.
For more information and to see if you are eligible, visit Childcare Choices
If you are eligible, you will be given an 11 digit code. You will need to share this with us (along with your National Insurance Number and your child’s date of birth); we will then be able to offer you a place. You will need to reconfirm your eligibility every 3 months.
At St. John’s CE (Aided) Primary School we offer 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm; please speak to Mrs Davies in our school office or Mrs Forrest, Nursery Teacher for more information.
Find out if your eligible by visiting Durham County Council – 30 hours free childcare for three & four year olds
If you are interested, please contact the school office as we only have a limited number of places.
You can download a Nursery Application Form or request one from the school office.